Friday, January 14, 2011

Get to Know the DG Staff: Our Favorite Holiday Traditions

You told us what your favorite holiday traditions were, so we figured it was only fair to share ours! Get to know the DG staff a little better as we share some of our favorite traditions with you:

Gina Pappas - Administrative Assistant

My favorite holiday tradition would have to be cutting down our Christmas tree. It started because my dad is so picky about what kind of tree we have. Every year we venture out into the woods until we find the perfect tree. We bring along a thermos of hot chocolate and our snowshoes. I no longer live at home, or live in a place with snow, so it’s kind of difficult to continue this tradition, but it’s definitely my favorite from my childhood.

Sapna Protheroe - Advertising Assistant

A holiday tradition I have with my family is to go and see all the Christmas lights around our neighborhood. After we have our meal together, all of us get into our cars and drive around to see the beautiful decorations and lights our neighbors have up. It is my favorite because we are able to see how much other people enjoy the holidays and it makes everyone feel closer.

Alex Saymo - Production Manager

One of my favorite holiday traditions comes from back home on Guam and it is building a nativity scene in your home. During the Christmas season, islanders would go into the nearby jungles and gather the deep green moss. Using a combination of cinder blocks and wood, a foundation is formed and then covered fully with the jungle moss. Upon the moss, a nativity scene is placed and illuminated! We call this a Belen.

Caroline Ruse - Graphic Designer

My favorite holiday tradition is watching A Christmas Story on Christmas Eve. They play it nonstop for 24 hours on TBS every single year. I usually end up watching it multiple times during that period, but I never, ever get tired of it. It simply isn't Christmas until I watch that movie.

Ashley Degree- National Advertising Representative

In my family, we all get to open one present from my parents on Christmas Eve...and it's always new pajamas! My parents started this tradition when we were babies so we would look super cute in all the Christmas morning photos. And trust me, my parents take a million photos!

Krista Jones - Staff Intern

My holiday family tradition is every year on Christmas Eve my dad gets what we call “Christmas Pizza.” It’s cheese pizza with uncooked green peppers and tomatoes. It’s green and red and looks just like Christmas. This tradition started when I was little because my dad is not the best cook and my sister and I always preferred pizza so one year my dad surprised us with “Christmas Pizza” and since then we’ve had it every year!

Sarah Verney - Editorial Director

We always have a treasure hunt on Christmas to find at least one of the presents. It started when one of my kids received a gift that was too big and awkward to wrap (like a bike) so we hid it and made that person search for it by reading and following clues around the house. It adds a little extra excitement to Christmas morning!

Tatiana Guertin - Marketing Assistant

My favorite tradition is actually the same as Ashley’s, except my parents always give us our pajamas on Christmas morning! Our pajamas are always the first gift we open up, then we run into our rooms and change into them so we’re all very comfy – and cute – in our Christmas photos! Our family’s grown throughout the years so now it’s a huge pajama-fest. This year we even have pajamas for the dog!

Source: http://www.discoverygirls.com/dg-blog/blog/get-know-dg-staff-our-favorite-holiday-traditions

Katie Melua Katherine Jenkins Coleen Rooney Madonna

No comments:

Post a Comment